Sunday, October 17, 2010

Some Girls: Bianca Jagger




Part two of my three part Jagger girls post: Bianca Jagger.

I think Bianca Jagger would have done better to be someone's first lady... she has a sort of regal bearing that sits well with high fashion, and with high society, but not so much with high times in rock and roll. Mick Jagger married his Nicaraguan lookalike in 1971, and she was his chief partner through much of the Studio 54 era, rubbing elbows with the likes of Warhol and Halston, doing tons of drugs; in general, "making the scene" as Mick Jagger never had done before and from what I can tell never did again. There was haymaking for sure with Jerry Hall in the 80's, but not on the level of decadence that seemed to go on during Bianca's reign as Mrs. Jagger.







Bianca Jagger style, much touted at the time, seems neat but far from avant garde when viewed thirty years later. I love, love, LOVE the way the woman could wear a boater or a bowler, and her lithe, petite frame looks as great draped in Edwardian/Victorian frippery as it does in sleek cut suits or spaghetti strap disco dresses. All that taken into consideration, I'm still not as impressed with her fashion as people seemed to be at the time...I wonder if they still are... there's a boring kind of "look at me, look at me" going on that doesn't seem as edgy as it does needy. She has a very androgynously pretty face, but it relies mainly on her youth and dark coloring for extra wattage... despite soaking myself in a solution of mainly Warhol intimate biographies and memoirs throughout high school, I don't "get" Bianca Jagger.

These preconcevied notions of mine were reinforced by the article below, a five page spread in People focusing on how unique and vivid Bianca Jagger is-- as principally told by, and in the opinion of, guess who, Bianca Jagger. Many times in real life as well as in biographies I've read, you run into significant others of creative types with the "Zelda Fitzgerald" complex, which Bianca cites in the byline of the article. She seems to think that the artistic success Mick Jagger has somehow hampered her own-- I say it's apples and oranges....or, to be less kind, complete B.S. Zelda Fitzgerald was capitalized upon by her husband-- fine. He took her diaries and incorporated them into fictionalized retellings of their lives-- not very fair, but ok, fine. Valid concerns, all. What, exactly, did Mick Jagger take from Bianca Jagger? Bianca adds a great deal of glamor to his life, sure, but he's in the ROLLING STONES, forgoodnesssake. It doesn't get much more glamorous than being in the biggest rock band in the world ever period. She has dramatic aspirations, fashion aspirations...lots of lip service to what she COULD be good at if people could only disassociate her in their collective minds from being "Mrs. Mick Jagger". I just don't think she would have even achieved the fame she did without being Mrs. Mick Jagger.

If you click on the pictures below, you can see each page full size. Give it a read and see what your take on the tone is. Maybe I just hate everyone, who knows.



I could say it's all just jealousy on my part, that I would like to be Michael Caine's exgirlfriend (Bianca was) and celebrate my twenty-seventh birthday by riding a white horse lead by a painted, naked man into Studio 54 (Bianca did) and get to make out with Mick Jagger (kind of a given) and look exotic and bold in all white frock dresses (not that I don't, but having black hair and black eyes adds something dramatic to any color scheme, I've always wanted to have said coloring)... but I don't think it is. I just don't go for Bianca Jagger.

Which is why, you'll see, I'm 100% team Jerry in the next posting. Jerry Hall, you're up next!

2 comments:

  1. hi!your blog is beautiful!I love this Bianca Jagger too!!!my name's martina and I come from Italy...I would like you visit my blog and if you like it...follow me!!!I wait you and yoour tips!!!kiss kiss

    now this is a giveaway on my blog!why don't you partecipate???
    http://glamourmarmalade.blogspot.com/2010/11/first-giveaway-socute.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, all I know is, she was lucky. To be going out with hunk of English cutie!! And for some reason, she looked cranky in some of those photos, like she wasn't enjoying being Mick's arm candy. If I were her, I'd never leave his sight!! I'll admit she was beautiful, but she does look like she would not be happy at anything.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...